How to make a claim
To notify us of your claim please call CommInsure on 13 1056.
What do I need to do?
- Notify us of your claim immediately after you become disabled. Your claim will be directed to a Case Manager who will spend some time discussing your situation and explaining how we assess the claim and what information we may need.
- We send you a claim kit, generally by email or post, within 48 hours. This pack will include a letter explaining the next steps, relevant claim forms and FAQs.
- Our Case Managers will review the information you have provided in the claim form and start the assessment of your claim.
- We let you know the outcome of your claim. For accepted claims, we pay your benefit.
The last thing you want to do at claim time is spend time chasing up your claim. We aim to assess all claims within five business days of receiving your completed form. Your claim decision may be deferred if we need additional information to complete the claim assessment.
On occasion we may need to decline a claim. For declined claims, we will let you know the reason why and we are happy to review any extra information which may impact our decision. We will also inform you of independent internal and external bodies for you to contact if you wish to raise your concerns or resolve any dispute.
We pay quickly!Our industry-leading FastTrack claims service provides advance payments when you need it most! Fully completed claim forms and supporting evidence is required before a claim can be assessed for FastTrack. Your Case Manager will be able to tell you more about this service, what you need to do, and whether or not your claim meets the eligibility criteria for FastTrack.
With the FastTrack service:
- We assess and agree to pay 40% of all trauma and terminal illness claims in less than 48 hours.
- We pay 38.5% of all income protection claims in less than 24 hours.